At Glendale Farms, before planning activities for our riding school or camps, we ask ourselves the following 3 questions to determine the risk of the activities and whether we are allowed to proceed:
- Does this activity violate a public health order?
- Does this activity involve shared surfaces or objects frequently touched by hands?
- Can this activity be modified to increase opportunities for physical distancing?
The management at Glendale farms is producing this document to provide clarity to parents, customers and visitors. Our only aim is to have a safe environment while reducing the risk of transmission of Covid19.
- Glendale Farms' day camp programs will operate in pods of 5 -10 people (a pod is defined as a group of children and staff members assigned to them who stay together throughout the day); masks are always worn by all, hands and surfaces washed very regularly, social distancing is also practiced at all times. This includes both staff and campers.
- Visitors must not attend our facility if they are sick, even if symptoms resemble a mild cold. Symptoms to look for include fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, headache, and a general feeling of being unwell.
- We are asking all parents and guardians to check the temperatures of their children daily before coming to the day camp program. Parents and guardians will be reminded of this requirement when children are first registered for our camp and through visible signage at our entrance, designated parking, wash stations and drop off areas.
- Our staff will conduct active symptom screening of each child every day as well upon arrival, with the parent or guardian, as they drop off their children.
- At Glendale Farms, we keep daily records of anyone entering the property and exiting their cars. Our records are kept up-to-date and available to facilitate contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
- All our visitors and/or special guests must be and will be documented.
- If a child develops symptoms while at our day camp, the child will be isolated away from the other children and the parent or guardian will be notified immediately to come and pick up the camper. Until pick up, the camper will be kept at least 4 metres away from other campers and people.
- In the event that a camper requires close contact and care, our staff will continue to care for the camper until the parent or guardian is able to pick them up. Our staff wear masks during all interactions while on our property.
- Staff cleanliness: our staff always wash their hands before donning a mask and before and after removing their masks (as per mask guidance), and before and after touching any items used by the campers.
- All items used by the campers while isolated will be cleaned and disinfected as soon as the camper has been picked up. Items that cannot be cleaned and disinfected (e.g. paper, books, cardboard puzzles) will be removed from the program.
- If one of our staff develops illness while at work, they will immediately be removed and have no contact with others.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Glendale Farms has developed procedures for drop off and pick up that support physical distancing and separate contact to the greatest extent possible. One of our strategies includes having one designated parent or guardian pick up and drop off each camper, staggering arrivals and limiting the number of people in our designated parking area.
- Only Parents or guardians are able to attend the program when needed and invited, time spent there will be minimal.
- Our new registration policy is to use telephone or video conferencing when possible to meet with potential customers, parents and guardians.
- Parents and guardians who are picking up campers from our center are not allowed to loiter and/or intermingle with other parents or campers.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60% alcohol content is placed at all entrances of our facility.
- Dispensers are not in locations that can be accessed by young children as alcohol-based hand sanitizer is not generally recommended for use by young children.
- We have posted signs reminding people not to enter if they are sick (even if symptoms resemble a mild cold)
- Campers will not mix with other campers or be within in the same room/space at the same time, including pickups and drop-offs, mealtimes, playtime, outdoor activities, staff
Our policy at Glendale Farms:
- Avoid close greetings like hugs or handshakes, encourage physically-distant greetings such as “air fives” and waves.
- Plan for physically distant activities such as shadow tag and avoid activities that require clustering around a particular item or small area.
- Our play structures will only be used by one camper at a time and will be cleaned and disinfected before and after use by each camper.
- Only one camper at a time will use the same outdoor play space. All campers will follow physical distancing practices when possible.
- All climbers will have dedicated harnesses and ropes.
- We have established a plan with our counselors to prevent close mingling of campers near common areas
- All of our camp counselors will ensure that equipment and common surfaces and space are cleaned before and after using them.
- We are training the campers to understand and be patient because cleaning must be done directly before the group enters the space and after it exits the space.
- Glendale Farms' cleaning logs will be posted and used to track cleaning.
- We stagger lunch/snack breaks to promote physical distancing among participants.
- All food provided by the family will be stored with the child’s belongings and if refrigeration is required, will be kept in an area designated for the camper and will not be handled by anyone, including staff.
- We have and enforce a “no food sharing” policy and we need parents and guardians to ensure all campers bring their own water bottles and label their personal belongings.
- Where possible, the campers will practice physical distancing while eating.
- We set out no common food items (e.g., salt and pepper shakers).
- At the farm, we engage in frequent, thorough cleaning and disinfecting each day!